Improve safety for athletes and reduce the number of injuries and death from heat related causes for all ages.
Promote proper hydration and prevent heat illness through education and supporting activities.
- Children should have adequate access to water throughout the school day to maintain proper hydration
- Athletes should have frequent water/sports drink breaks
- Athletes should be able to get a drink at any time during practices
- Coaches should be trained in heat illness prevention and emergency procedures
- Parents should understand their child’s hydration needs and encourage proper hydration